We would like to inform all residents of Lamar County, (excluding City Limits), of the rules and regulations of garbage preparation.Days of service depends on where the location is within the county, please see our map for which day of the week service is provided.
- Household garbage only.
- All garbage must be in a substantial bag or a garbage can – not to exceed 35 pounds each.
- No metal drums or other heavy receptacles allowed.
- No tree limb branches.
- No metal or building materials.
- No commercial businesses.
- No dead animals.
- No hazardous waste; paint, oil, antifreeze, etc.
Holidays closed for:
|1.||New Years Day||January 1|
|2.||Independence Day||July 4|
|3.||Labor Day||September, 1st Monday|
|4.||Thanksgiving Day||November, Thursday|
|5.||Christmas Day||December 25|
On holiday weeks, garbage will be collected on the day following the normal schedule day.
Example: If a holiday falls on Monday, Monday’s garbage will be collected on Tuesday.
Tuesday garbage will be collected on Wednesday. Wednesday garbage will be collected on Thursday. Thursday garbage will be collected on Friday.
For more information:
Call (601) 794-6663 ( 7 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday )