Economic Assistance:

Pamela Barnett, Director
207 Main Street
Purvis, MS 39475
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
Phone: 601-794-1050
Fax: 601-794-1066
EBT Customer Service: 1-866-512-5087
SNAP Fraud Hotline: 1-800-299-6905
TANF Debit Master Card Customer Service: 1-866-461-4095 (a fee may be charged)
Applications available at our office or on-line at:

Child Protection Services:

Kendon Ellerman, Regional Area Social Worker Supervisor
300 North Street
Purvis, MS 39475
Phone: 601-794-1080
Fax: 601-794-2960
Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-222-8000
Vulnerable Adult Abuse Hotline: 1-844-437-6282

Child Support Enforcement:

Customer Service: 1-877-882-4916
District Office Address (2 locations in this area)
*811 Main Street Suite 18 
  Columbia, MS 39429
*5 Willow Bend 
  Hattiesburg, MS 39402
Child Support Payments Info Line:  1-800-434-5437
Child Support Debit Master Card Customer Service: 1-866-461-4095 ( a fee may be charged)

Frequently Asked Question’s

Q. How do I report abuse or neglect of a child or vulnerable adult if the county office is closed?
A. Contact your local law enforcement agency or dial the 24-hour abuse hotline at 1-800-222-8000.

Q. Can an application for Food Benefits/TANF be mailed to me?
A. Yes. However, it will need to be returned prior to an appointment being given.

Q. Can I apply for medicaid at the Dept. Of Human Services?
A. An application for medicaid must be filed at your regional medicaid office. In our area, the office is located on Mayfair Blvd. in Hattiesburg.

Q. Is it necessary to have an open Food Benefit, TANF, or medicaid case to receive child support services?
A. No. If you are not receiving assistance, you may file an application for child support services for a minimal fee.

Q. If I apply for TANF, do I have to comply with the TANF Work Program (TWP) requirements?
A. Yes. If you do not meet an exemption, compliance with TWP is required.


Useful Phone Numbers: Food Benefit Balance 1-866-512-5087 Tanf or Child Support Blance 1-866-461-4095 (a fee may be charged).Child Support Hotline 1-800-434-5437 Information regarding Foster Parent applications may be found at