Mission: As advisory to the Lamar County Board of Supervisors, the LCSC Visionary Board shall advance a Sports Complex master plan that will support the citizens of Lamar County and regional visitors.
Goal: Utilize the results of the Lamar County Comprehensive Plan, input from the Board of Supervisors, Parks and Recreation Department, Sports/Activities Advisory Team, other stakeholders, ADP, professional consultants and site visits, facilitate the development of a Sports Complex master plan.
- Determine sports and activities that will advance the planning of associated facilities/venues.
- Seek out the best location for a comprehensive Sports Complex utilizing specific criteria as provided by the Visionary Board and normally accepted practices followed by the Board of Supervisors.
- Select an engineering firm that will serve as a partner in completing a feasibility study, anticipated project cost and conceptual images on the primary land space as determined by the Board of Supervisors.
- Convene a Sports/Advisory Team that will serve as experts of respective sports/activities to advise the LCSC Visionary Board regarding types and quantities of facilities/venues required to facilitate sports/activities.
- Visit several quality sportsplexes that have documented success.
- Set timelines with approval of the Board of Supervisors for the completion of a feasibility study, anticipated project cost and conceptual images.
- Identify recommended sources of funding to plan, design and construct the comprehensive Sports Complex. The Sports Complex may be developed in phases- short, mid and long range development.
Mark Norton – District 1 Representative (Vice-Chairman)
Steve Lott – District 2 Representative
Darryl Smith – District 3 Representative
Sid Gonsoulin – District 4 Representative (Chairman)
Chuck Bennett – District 5 Representative
Phillip Carlisle – Supervisor
Steve Lampton – Supervisor
Heath Sellers – Advisory Member
Grant Hartfield – Advisory Member (Clerk)
Michael Hershman – Advisory Member (Alt Clerk)
For more information contact Sid Gonsoulin.