As an example, this is an old document that has been reformatted following Legislation outlined in Section 89-5-24, Miss Code of 1972 Annotated, effective from and after July 1, 2009
This “formatted” deed contains all the information on the first page which is required to process the document.
- With a 3″ top margin and all other marings 3/4″ and a 1-=point font (statue provides that the font must be at least 8-point in size.) These pages are numbered “1 of 3” etc. at the bottom of each page (not required but helpful to the recording clerks.)
- The grantors and grantees are listed, along with the required addresses and phone numbers, in the body of the document.
- The legal description is a separate page, identified as “Exhibit A,” but this is becoming a common practice anyway. The legal description and indexing instructions can be placed on the first page if there is sufficient space.
- The Indexing Instructions are listed in the place where the legal description would be.
- The preparer’s name, address and phone number, along with the “Return to” information, are listed at the top of the document, below the 3″ margin and just above the title.